Use Your Brown Fat to Lose Weight
Brown fat, also known as brown adipose tissue, is found in every human being, but some people have higher levels than others. There are actually two types of fat within the human body: white fat and brown or beige fat. A white fat tissue is the type of fat that people are talking about when they want to lose weight, and increased levels of white fat can lead to health problems, such as decreased insulin sensitivity which can lead to diabetes.
In comparison, brown fat can actually contribute to better health, and it has been found to protect against diabetes and obesity. Higher levels of brown fat in the body can actually be beneficial to reduce blood sugar levels, which have a direct impact on a person’s risk for diabetes. Brown fat is most common in newborn babies. The fat helps to generate body heat so that the small child can regulate their body temperature. When brown fat is present in an adult body, it helps to burn calories and regulates blood sugar levels. All adults have some brown fat, but some people have more than others. Human beings have the ability to stimulate and develop more brown fat.
Health Benefits of Brown Fat:
Higher levels of brown fat have been found to improve health markers that are associated with specific diseases. Some of the health benefits include:
- Higher Metabolism
- Higher Insulin Sensitivity
- Improved Blood Sugar Control
It has been found that brown fat levels begin to decrease as a person ages, which could be directly related to the reason that many people experience a slowed metabolism. If you are trying to lose weight, then you should be focusing on increasing brown fat because it will help to regulate your blood sugar levels so that you can lose white fat.
How to Naturally Develop More Brown Fat?
There are 3 effective methods to stimulate and build more brown fat, so you can improve your overall health and boost your ability to burn more (white) fat.
- Use melatonin supplements. Melatonin is naturally produced by the body to help with sleep regulation, and researchers have found that increased melatonin might help to stimulate brown fat.
- Spend time exposed to cold temperatures. When humans are exposed to cold, their brown fat metabolism increases which can help to burn white fat in the body. Multiple research studies have found information that links brown fat with cold temperatures. You can expose yourself to cold temperatures by putting ice packs on your chest and back for half an hour each day, taking a cold shower, getting in a tub of ice water for ten minutes, or drinking a tall glass of ice water first thing in the morning.
- Move your body. Exercise is another very beneficial way to stimulate brown fat. Some researchers have theorized that exercise helps to release certain enzymes that can help to stimulate the conversion of white fat cells to brown fat cells.
How to use brown fat to lose weight?
If you want to lose weight, focus on targeting your bodies white fat and stimulating your brown fat. Eating healthy, exercising regularly, and putting the above tips to use are great starting points.
DISCLAIMER: This website is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice and treatment from your personal physician. Visitors are advised to consult their own doctors or other qualified health professional regarding the treatment of medical conditions. The author shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this website. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration have not evaluated the statements on this website. The information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.