2.2 LB/ 1KG Fresh MackerelSmall fish
3 TBSP Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 -2 Lemons Lemon Juice
Or Cilantro Fresh Dill
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Fried mackerel is the easiest fish recipe you’ll make. It’s easy, fast and so tasty. But not only easy to make and taste great the Mackerel is one of the healthiest fish you’ll find.
The Mackerel we are making here is not the king Mackerel (which is loaded with mercury and not a good choice), but the small fish.
The small Mackerel from the family of Scombridae, is small oily fish. Some say it tastes a little like Tuna. You can find the Mackerel in cans too but this fried Mackerel recipe is made from fresh fish.
Health benefits of Mackerel:
- Rich in protein
- Rich in Omega 3 fatty acids
- Great source Vitamin B-12
- Mackerel has Vitamin D a crucial vitamin for our body
- Mackerel also provides niacin, iron, vitamin B6, riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorus, folate, and selenium.
- Low in Mercury
Eating Mackerel may improve heart health, reduce the risk of diabetes 2, help prevent anemia, and Reduce the Risk of Age-Related Cognitive Decline.
Try the lightly fried mackerel it’s not only tasty it’s also healthy. If your fish monger will clean your Mackerel and debone it you can use it to make the great fish kebab recipe.
Watch the fried mackerel recipe on youtube
1. Start by cutting through the flesh at a 45-degree angle, down to the bone.