650g /1.5lb fresh Sardines
3 Garlic Cloves
3 TBSP Lemon Juice
3 TBSP Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
TBSP Dried Oregano
Tsp Red Paprika
Hand full chopped Fresh Parsley
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Try this keto sardines without flour and in the oven. Sardines are a perfect appetizer in a Meze Greek-style meal. Sardines are one of the best fish to have. They are very healthy even in the canned version. I try to have sardines at list once a week. When i have fresh sardines I love making these keto sardines or the similar Mediterranean Style Baked Sardines. When i only have canned or sardines in a jar i make the sardines and vegetable dish which i really like and it’s a great low carb option too. The sardines can be served as the main dish. I like to have it as a maze with other salads for a light greek style meal.
Benefits of Sardines
- Sardines are lower in mercury comparing to other fish like tuna so you can consume them on a more regular basis
- Packed with protein – a serving of sardines has about 17 grams of protein.
- Great source of Omega 3 the unsaturated fatty acid that helps to raise the good cholesterol (HDL) and lower LDL
- Rich in vitamin b12 and Vitamin D which is necessary to keep good bone health.
- A good source for calcium and minerals
The Keto Sardines recipe is very easy to make it only takes a few minutes to marinate them and they are ready to go into the oven. Make sure the fishmonger is cleaning the fish so you don’t waste time on cleaning them.
Make sure the Sardines are clean and dry. To make the marinade you’ll need garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, Dried oregano or Italian dry herbs, paprika, kosher salt, and pepper.
Simply mix all the ingredients in a big bowl and soak the sardines it Let them rest for 15-20 min and preheat the oven to 400f/200c.
Set all the sardines in a heatproof glass. Set them nicely so they won’t be one on top of the other. Sprinkle some kosher salt and olive oil if needed and bake for about 15 min. Cut some parsley to garnish. When ready garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.
1. Preheat the over to 400f/200c