- 1 head medium size Cauliflower
- 1 Onions
- Handfull Mushrooms
- 1 optional Carrots
- Atlantic Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Turmeric Powder
- Raw 3 TBSP Sesame Seed Paste (Tahini)
- 1/4-1/2 cup Ice Water
- 1 crushed and cut or minced Garlic Cloves
- Atlantic Sea Salt
- 1/2 lemon Lemon Juice
The Vegan Siniya is perfect as a side dish or main vegan dish. It can be keto-friendly Meditteranean dish. Cauliflower, mushrooms, Onions, and carrots (optional strict keto can remove them) or squash. All fried together on small heat in olive oil and then baked in the oven with creamy Tahini on top just perfect. It’s the dish to enjoy for a casual lunch or to impress guests. Similar to the Siniya recipe with ground beef, the dish is full of flavors from the seasoning. Taste the Meditteranean with cumin and the Tahini. You can also use Garam masala if you love intense flavors.
If you ever tried a siniya, whether it was a vegan siniya and especially the nonvegan version you probably noticed the pinenuts on top. Well, it turns out that all the pinenuts in the markets at the moment are imported from China so I decided to skip. If you find pinenuts, roast them in a pan for a minute and add them just before you serve the vegan siniya dish.
Don’t be afraid from the name “Vegan Siniya”. It’s basically a dish of veggies cooked to perfection with Tahini on top. Unlike the meat version where it’s a layered dish with beef or lamb meat and then tomatoes tahini and pine nuts, here you have more room to play with ingredients. Cauliflower is usually the base of this dish especially if you’re keto but there are so many versions. The most popular is the cauliflower and mushroom versions. I love adding some carrots and a lot of onion. Because the vegan sinya is so easy to make it can be a classic summer dish even as a main dish on a hot summer evening.
There are 3 simple steps to make vegan siniya. Before you start you need to decide which veggies are you going to use. I used onions, cauliflower (which is the base of the dish), mushrooms, and carrots. You can leave out the carrots if you are strict keto.
- Prepare the veggies. Cut them to easy bite sizes. Heat olive oil in a pan while preheating the oven to 400f/200c. On a small heat, fry all the veggies while covered in the pan until softened. it will take about 10 min. Stir occasionally so it won’t get burnt. Just before you are ready to move the veggies to the oven. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and turmeric. You can also add garam masala. Stir everything together and move it to an ovenproof skillet.
- While the veggies in the oven, prepare the Tahini. You’ll need 1 garlic clove, cold water (this is the secret), raw tahini, salt, and lemon. Stir together that raw tahini with cold water until you get the texture you desire. Add the garlic after you crashed it and cut it to tiny as possible pieces. Season with high-quality Himalayan pink salt or other quality hand-harvest sea salt. Squeeze the lemon stir together taste and fix the seasoning if needed.
- After 10 min, take the veggies out and pour the Tahini on top. Return everything to the oven until the Tahini is baked on top about 10 more minutes.
That’s it it’s ready to serve. Enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 400f/200c
1. While the vegetables in the oven prepare the Tahini. Mix ice water with tahini paste and stir until the desired texture. Season with salt, garlic and lemon and taste.