Low Carb Mediterranean Food – Healthier Approach
The low carb Mediterranean food or diet is already in the spotlight and It is one of the healthiest choices anyone can do for their health. The popular Mediterranean diet is known to help with diabetes, cognitive decline, heart problems, cancer, depression, and even osteoporosis.
The low carb Mediterranean diet is a fusion of many countries starting with European countries like Greece, Spain, and Italy to middle eastern countries like Turkey, Israel, Lebanon and Syria to North African countries like Morocco. Unlike traditional cocking, we make a fusion of all the best and healthiest dishes from all of these countries to create a healthier approach- the low carb Mediterranean food. Each country has their own unique dishes but, they are all based on similar healthy ingredients like olive oil, fresh vegetables and fruits, protein-rich legumes, fish and whole grains with moderate amounts of wine and red meat.
Here on health news tips today, we decided to take the Low carb Mediterranean food healthier approach. We leave out popular ingredients such as bread, rice, and pasta and focus on low carb options as well as healthy meals and healthier substitutes. This includes only high quality and highly nutritionist options (including whole grains for those who don’t seek low carb diet). In addition, we make fusions from
So what do you eat on a healthier low carb Mediterranean Diet:
- Vegetables – every day and lots of them. Big and happy healthy salads, steam or stir-fried veggies and more. We try to use only organic produce whenever possible: Avocado, Broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, onions, kohlrabi, tomatoes (limited due to the acidity of the tomatoes), sweet potatoes and more. In general, the low carb Mediterranean food and cocking consist of lots of veggies
- Fish and seafood – Although, fish and seafood are contaminated with mercury and other toxins we still use fish and seafood to enjoy the many health benefits. Prepare 1-2 times a week real seafood and fish wild caught and not farmed produce. We have great recipes with sardines, trout, shrimps, mackerel, oysters and mussels.
- Nuts and seeds – add pumpkin seeds to your salads for some crunchiness. Snack daily nuts. Choose them wisely if you’re following a low carb diet and if not enjoy almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, cashews and others. About a handful per day.
- Legumes – we focus on sprouted lentils for healthy and vegetarian meals. It’s easy to sprout the lentils at home. Try to sprout a glass of lentils weekly and use them throughout the week. I know that it’s not the perfect fit for Low carb Mediterranean food. Even when eating low carb it’s important to eat high quality carbs from time to time.
- Whole grains – For the Low carb Mediterranean food diet, it’s easy to replace any whole grain side dish with cauliflower rice, broccoli puree, fried cabbage and other wonderful recipes we have. We do a little bit with whole grains mainly with buckwheat and quinoa. Cooking them with vegetables and for vegetarian meals, we add lentils.
- Poultry – mostly chicken. If you have access to organic cage-free chicken, you can enjoy wonderful Mediterranean chicken recipes like the chicken in pesto. Pasture raised chicken is also a wonderful choice for your Mediterranean food recipes.
- Healthy fats – These are a big part of the Low carb Mediterranean food diet and includes olive oil especially in salads, nuts, avocados. For cooking, we are adding ghee and coconut oil.
- Spices and herbs – enjoy seasoning your meals with garlic, oregano, cumin, paprika, pepper, mint, basil and more.
- Red meat – occasional red meat meals are part of the Mediterranean food. Try to get your hands on high quality and healthy grass-fed meat.
- Fusion – To make these dishes even healthier we added cooking oils and techniques from other kitchens. Some examples: we cock with grass-fed ghee, we make curry dishes and more. The core focus is Low carb Mediterranean food with a healthy twist and a bit of fusion.
Health Benefits of Mediterranean Food
- Help manage blood sugar and control diabetes
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Preserve memory and reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s
- Fight depression
- Helps with weight management and weight loss
- Help fight cancer
- Fights inflammation
- Increase longevity
If you are thinking about making the change you should know that although this is a change in lifestyle for most people, it’s not as hard as you might think. All it take is minor adjustments and you can enjoy a versatile, fun, delicious and healthy lifestyle.
Selection of Mediterranean Dishes
Mediterranean Shrimp Veggies Low Carb
The Mediterranean Shrimp & Veggies will take you to the beach in Mykonos or Tel Aviv enjoying the Mediterranean
Ingredients: Shrimp, Fresh Coriander, Ripe Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Broccoli, Zucchini, Carrots, Onions, Garlic Cloves, Ghee, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Kosher Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Red Paprika, Chilli powder, Turmeric, Lemon Juice
You can find the complete low carb Shrimp and Veggies recipe in our recipe section.
Mediterranean Chicken and Veggies
This Mediterranean chicken and veggies is a classic dish that is perfect for a family lunch or dinner. The entire dish is made in one pan for an easy full of
Ingredients:Chicken Breasts, Olive Oil, Onions, Green Chili Pepper, Red Pepper, Salt & Pepper, Ripe Tomatoes, Lemon Juice, Basil Leaves, Garlic Cloves, Rosemary Leaf, Fresh Thyme Leaves
You can find the complete Mediterranean chicken and veggies recipe in our recipe section.
Sea Bass With Greens Mediterranean Style
Oven-baked sea bass with greens is a classic dish and can be found in many Mediterranean kitchens. It is a simple dish that you can make at home easily for a family dinner.
Ingredients: Sea bass, Basil Leaves, Coriander, Fresh Parsley, Lemon Juice, Garlic Cloves, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Atlantic Sea Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper
You can find the complete Oven-baked sea bass with greens recipe in our recipe section.
Healthy Chopped Salad – Mediterranean Style
This healthy chopped salad, as well as other Healthy salads, are stapled in the Meditteranean diet. One of the benefits of eating a Meditteranean diet is the significantly higher consumption of veggies compared to the American diet.
Ingredients:Green Leaves, Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes, Red Onion, Kohlrabi, Kalamata Olives, Avocado, Pumpkin Seeds,Feta Cheese, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Himalayan Pink Salt, Za’atar
You can find the complete Healthy Chopped Salad – Mediterranean Style recipe in our recipe section.
Low Carb Greek Style Meatballs
Add a Mediterranean twist to your plate and give this traditional Low Carb Greek Style Meatballs recipe a try. A Greek twist on the Italian classic, your family will love these
Ingredients:Ground Beef, Large Eggs, Coconut Flour, Garlic Cloves, White Onions, Cumin, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Oregano, Ghee, Salt, Tomatoes, Vegetable Stock, Tomato Purée, Chia Seeds
You can find the complete Greek Style Meatballs recipe in our recipe section.
Okra in Tomatoes Sauce
This Okra in
Ingredients:Onions, Okra, Olive Oil, Salt, White Vinegar, Garlic Cloves, Tomatoes, Fresh Parsley, Water, Freshly Ground Black Pepper
You can find the complete Okra in tomato sauce recipe in our recipe section.
Siniya- Mediterranean Ground Meat with Tahini
The Siniya is a famous Mediterranean Arab dish, popular in Palestine, Israel and other kitchens it that region. Traditionally made from a mix of mutton and beef. Some will say that this is the Middle East’s take on shepherd’s pie.
Ingredients: Ground Meat, Tomatoes, Tahini Sauce, Onions, Garlic Cloves, Salt, Ground black pepper, Baharat, Olive Oil
You can find the complete Siniya recipe in our recipe section.
Sweet Potato in Pesto and Butter Sauce
The Sweet Potato in Pesto sauce is a great side dish that all the family loves to eat. I mixed the pesto sauce with butter to give it even more creamy taste you just can’t resist. It’s a perfect dish that is not low carb.
Ingredients: Sweet potato , Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Atlantic Sea Salt, Ground black pepper, Green Pesto, Unsalted Butter
You can find the complete Sweet Potato in Pesto sauce recipe in our recipe section.
Moroccan Chard Leaves
The Moroccan Chard Leaves is a perfect side dish for lunch or even on a vegetarian dinner. If that is not enough, the Moroccan Chard Leaves are super easy to make and
Ingredients: Swiss Chard, Garlic Cloves, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Cumin, Tomato paste, Turmeric Powder, Lemon Juice, Hot Red Chile Pepper, Koshar Salt
You can find the complete Moroccan Chard Leaves recipe in our recipe section.
Mediterranean Low Carb Chicken Tenders
Low carb Chicken Tenders is a great addition in your day to day cuisine. Chicken tenders or Schnitzel can be found in every house and almost every restaurant in the Israeli Mediterranean kitchen.
Ingredients: Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Almond Flour, Parmesan Reggiano, Red Paprika, Hot Spanish Paprika, Cumin, Freshly Ground Pepper, Kosher Salt, Chicken Breasts, Ghee
You can find the complete Low carb Chicken Tenders recipe in our recipe section.
Cauliflower With Anchovies Tahini
This is a super healthy Mediterranean side dish that is loved by everyone (yes even kids). It’s super easy to make and tastes like no other. It’s a perfect side dish for fish or meat.
Ingredients: Cauliflower, Unsalted Butter, Olive Oil, Atlantic Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Sesame Seed Paste (Tahini), Lemon, Ice Water, Anchovies
You can find the complete Cauliflower With Anchovies Tahini recipe in our recipe section.
Low Carb Hummus (Cauliflower)
Hummus, this low carb twist of the Mediterranean vegan fast food dish that is very popular all over America. This dish is a low carb vegan twist made from cauliflower.
Ingredients: Cauliflower, Sesame Seed Paste (Tahini), Ice Water, Lemon, Garlic Cloves, Red Paprika, Kosher Salt, Olive Oil
You can find the complete Hummus recipe in our recipe section.
Mediterranean Chicken in Pesto and Olives
The Chicken in Pesto and Olives is a perfect low carb main dish. The chicken in pesto sauce has an amazing creamy Mediterranean flavor. The dish including Greek Kalamata olives, Feta cheese and green pesto sauce made from basil.
Ingredients: Chicken Breasts, Green Pesto, Coconut Cream, Kalamata Olives, Feta Cheese, Atlantic Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Coconut Oil
You can find the complete Chicken in Pesto and Olives recipe in our recipe section.
Shakshuka With Eggplant Recipe
The Shakshuka is one of the flagship Israeli dishes that take America and the world by storm lately. Perfect for semi-vegetarian and pescetarian diets breakfast or dinner.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Onions, Garlic Cloves, Red Chili, Eggplant, Large Eggs
You can find the complete Shakshuka recipe in our recipe section.
DISCLAIMER: This website is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice and treatment from your personal physician. Visitors are advised to consult their own doctors or other qualified health professional regarding the treatment of medical conditions. The author shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this website. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration have not evaluated the statements on this website. The information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.