Healthy Salads Recipes
Healthy salads are so important to have as
The salads can be so versatile. You can play with the ingredients or the dressing. Add new veggies with new
Eating healthy salads on a daily basis can help a lot with your weigh management. The vegetables are a natural source of fibers that help you get full faster and stay full longer.
It is important to consume organic vegetables whenever it’s possible. The organic veggies are healthier and tastier and don’t contain pesticides. The pesticides are underestimate but they are very harmful. Some veggies carry more pesticides than others. So on your next salad don’t only think about the nutrients you consume, think about the pesticides you don’t consume. However, if you can’t have organic produce it’s better to still have a salad than skip it.
Tips for creating your healthy salads:
- Add homegrown sprouts – the sprouts are tasty and healthy. recommended sprouts you can add to your salads: broccoli, sunflower, alfalfa, mung bean, wheat grass, lentil sprouts.
- Add healthy fats (avoid unhealthy fats) – olive oil, avocado, raw nuts are all great choices.
- Stay away from commercial salad dressing – they usually contain a lot of high fructose corn syrup and highly processed oils you better not eat. Always make your own dressing. Follow our recipes and you will see how easy it is to make a healthy and tasty dressing to your salad.
- Add Herbs- herbs will make your salad tastier and they will ramp up the nutrition values too. It’s always easy to add to any salad some rosemary, dill or basil.
Benefits of eating salads
- Source of
fibers: the fibershelp with lowering LDL (bad cholesterol), control blood sugar, weight loss, digestion,
- Consume Healthy fats like avocado and olive oil helps
soakthe vitamins from the vegetables
- Help stop cravings
- Salads helps protect your body from dieses
Healthy Salads R
Chopped Salad – Mediterranean Style
Healthy chopped salads are stapled in the Mediterranean diet and what makes it so healthy. One of the benefits of eating a Mediterranean diet is the significantly higher consumption of veggies compared to the American diet. For the full recipe, please follow this link.
Ingredients: Lettuce, Cucumber, Cherry tomatoes (or different kind of tomato), Red onion, Kohlrabi, Kalamata olives (or others), Avocado, Pumpkin Seeds, Feta Cheese
Dressing*: Himalayan pink salt (or other high-quality salt and not processed), extra virgin olive oil and lots of fresh lemon juice.
Quick Instructions: cut all the ingredients (it doesn’t have to be in one size. it’s fun to have different sizes for the veggies). pour the dressing above or make it first in a small bowl stir everything taste and serve.
*please follow the steps and don’t change the order for best results
Organic Quinoa Salad
Quinoa Salad is a great heart-healthy salad dish. It’s actually more than just a salad. The quinoa is a good source of dietary fiber, phosphorous and magnesium. quinoa is gluten-free, making it kinder on the digestive tract. You can have this salad as a complete meal or a side dish. For the full recipe, please follow this link
Ingredients: quinoa, organic beets, lemon juice, extra virgin olive
- Cock the quinoa and move it to a bowl and cool it down.
- Cook beets and kohlrabi and cool down
- In a small ball mix balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss the dressing stir well and serve
Mediterranean bacon and shrimps salad
One of the most loved salad. This is a complete meal full of nutrients, healthy fats and proteins and very filling. Who can resist bacon and shrimps salad? you can have it as a main dish or a small portion starter. For the full recipe, please follow this link
Ingredients: Lettuce or sprouts, cucumbers, kalamata olives, red onions, feta cheese, shrimps, bacon, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, Himalayan pink salt.
- cut the veggies and set aside
- Fry the bacon and set aside just before they get crispy. Cock the shrimp in the same pan with the garlic and lemon juice.
- Combine all the ingredients and add feta cheese.
- Season with salt, olive oil
andlemon juice and serve
Mediterranean Israeli Organic Salad with Tahini
A true classic, you’ll find this salad in many Mediterranean kitchens. This is a simple salad usually the vegetables are chopped finely and on top an heart healthy Tahini dressing. Super tasty and healthy salad. The Israeli and Arabic kitchen is often using Tahini as the paste on many dishes and this healthy salad is no different. For the full recipe, please follow
- chopped all the vegetables finely and prepare the Tahini
- Season the salad with salt, olive oil
- Pour the Tahini and za’atar on top and serve
Fig & Watermelon Salad
Earthy and simple, fig & watermelon salad is the perfect addition to your table. This is a summer salad, light, and lovely dish. Perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner, and is always a hit! Please follow this link for the complete recipe
- Set the figs and watermelon on top of the fresh greens
- Crumble the goat cheese on top. Optional add some balsamic vinegar and serve.
Mediterranean Israeli Salad With Avocado in Olive Oil and Lemon Dressing
This is the classic and most simple version of the Meditteranean healthy salad. Adding avocado is not only add great
Ingredients: cabbage, cucumber, tomato, red onion, black olives, avocado, high quality salt, olive oil, lemon juice. Optional add feta cheese.
- Chopped finely the veggies except the avocado. Chopped coarsely the avocado
- Mix all together, add feta cheese optional, and pour the salt, olive oil and lemon juice. Mix again and serve
Chopped Salad With Blue Cheese Dressing
This salad is excellent for a low carb dinner. The dressing includes a wonderful blue cheese, you can choose your favorite type. In addition, we added some sour cream, garlic, Himalayan sea salt, mustard, lemon, olive oil, and fresh pepper. For the complete recipe, please follow this link
Ingredients: Green Lettuce, Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, Kohlrabi, Pumpkin Seeds, Avocado, Red Onion, Sour Cream, Blue Cheese, Himalayan Pink Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Mustard, Lemon Juice, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Cloves
- Cut all the veggies.
- For dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients
- Mix the dressing with the salad and serve
DISCLAIMER: This website is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice and treatment from your personal physician. Visitors are advised to consult their own doctors or other qualified health professional regarding the treatment of medical conditions. The author shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this website. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration have not evaluated the statements on this website. The information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.